I love a good burger. Not a fast food burger but a hearty one made with good ingredients. Salmon is my favorite fish and an easy alternative to the usual beef burger. These are light yet absolutely tasty. Salmon’s also great because it’s full of protein, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12.
Salmon, dill, chilli and lemon make such a good flavour combination. I used canned salmon, which makes these really convenient. If you are in a pinch and don’t have any of the spices, feel free to make your own alterations. I love these with a zesty side salad or some homemade sweet potato chips. Go a step futher and make your own bun if you’re feeling so inclined!
- 1 (415g) can of salmon (fresh if you wish)
- 1 Egg
- 5 sprigs of dill
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- To serve: Avocado, wholewheat bun, tomato relish, salad
- Chop dill.
- Add salmon, lemon zest, dill, chilli flakes, egg, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Form into burger patties.
- Add olive oil to a hot pan.
- Cook salmon burgers for around 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and serve on a wholewheat bun with avocado and tomato relish.