My boyfriend does not keep weight on. When we first started dating, I optimistically packed his lunch bags and trained with him. Surely eating all this food instead of his usual non-existent lunches would at least keep his weight constant. Alas, the calories he was now burning in the gym meant he lost weight. I then made it my life mission to fill his (very flat) belly up with healthy, calorie dense food. Thus, these cookies were born! Chocolate and peanut butter are some of his (and everyone else’s) favourite things. He has eaten probably close to 40 of these cookies and still hasn’t gotten sick of them. I love packing this in his lunch bag for a yummy in-between meal snack. Let’s be honest though, who would say no to a healthy cookie?
adapted from sallysbakingaddiction.com
- 2/3 cup oat flour (oats run through a blender)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoon coconut sugar (sugars like rapadura or brown sugar would work)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Whisk peanut butter, coconut sugar and egg together.
- Mix in baking soda and oat flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Let rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Form into cookies and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.