Paleo, gluten-free and refined-sugar free but most importantly, absolutely delicious.
I buy a lot of bananas. It is a thing I do. I love them in my breakfasts, smoothies, frozen and in pancakes. I have tried a lot of healthier banana bread recipes and it is surprisingly hard to find a perfect one. I think I hit it with this one though.
This has an amazing texture, the perfect moist but springy banana bread. It isn’t loaded with sugar and has a subtle but beautiful banana taste. This creates the perfect slices of banana bread that will put a smile on anyone’s face.
It also makes the quickest breakfast if you’re in a pinch. I leave this out on the counter before I leave early in the morning and bam I have breakfast for the other half sorted.
Adapted from https://www.thehealthychef.com/2013/07/banana-chia-coconut-bread/
- 400g ripe bananas (approximately 1.5 cups)
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup oil (any neutral flavored oil- I used macadamia nut oil)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Prehead the oven to 180C.
- Mash bananas.
- Whisk eggs, honey and oil into the bananas.
- Add all other ingredients and let sit for 10 minutes for the coconut flour and chia seeds to soak up the liquid.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.