This recipe surprised me for how good and tasty it was. I also feel like me being South-East Asian adds to the authenticity of my recipe (but don’t let me fool you).
I love eating food off a stick and the spices in this just make it even better. The chicken is incredibly tender and the spices go so well together. You will have to make it to believe me because it is hard to imagine. This also makes the perfect weekday lunch option. Cook up a bunch of chicken satays with brown rice and steamed vegetables and you’re set for the week.
- 1kg chicken pieces (I used a mixture of thigh and breast)
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ stalk lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon tumeric powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon ground dried corriander
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Blend onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass.
- Add mixture and all other ingredients to chicken pieces.
- Leave to marinate for an hour to overnight.
- Skewer and place on the grill. (Or just stir-fry the chicken pieces)
- Serve with brown rice and steamed vegetables.