Strawberry granola bars were a favourite childhood snack of mine. However, being a discerning granola bar eater and saying no to granola bars that do you more harm than good meant saying goodbye to my strawberry granola bars. Till now.
I love freeze-dried berries, they are such a sweet little treat. These bars combine the amazing tart yet sweet berries with lovely vanilla and coconut. The nuts and seeds give you a great hit of energy and good fats. Perfect for when you hit that mid-afternoon slump. I hope you enjoy this little twist on the granola bar as much as my family and I have.
- 1 cup soaked dates
- ½ cup dried fruit (I used a combination of goji berries, sultanas and cranberries)
- ½ cup cashew nut butter
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup freeze dried berries (I used strawberries)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Blend dates, cashew butter and vanilla until a paste forms.
- Mix in all the other ingredients and press into a loaf tin.
- Set in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars (approximately 8).
- Optional: for decorative purposes, crumble a few freeze-dried berries on top of the bars