Granola bars are one of those fake healthy foods. People buy them from the store thinking they’re getting a healthy snack. Truth be told, most store-bought granola bars have as much sugar as a candy bar.
Making your own granola bars mean you get to control what goes in them and most importantly, no artificial sugar! These bars are a handy snack and are absolutely satisfying when you need a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
The chocolate on top is completely optional but it does make your granola bar taste more like a candy bar!
4-Ingredient Almond Granola Bar
- 1 cup dates (soaked for an hour- overnight)
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- Toast your oats in an oven at 180C for 10 minutes.
- Chop roasted almonds into smaller pieces.
- Blend your dates till a paste.
- Mix date paste, almond butter, chopped almonds and toasted oats.
- Press into a tin wrapped in cling wrap. (It doesn’t have to fit the whole tin, mine usually fits half a slice pan)
- Cover with cling wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cut into granola bars. (5-8 depending on how big you make them)
- Place 20g of dark chocolate into a sandwich bag.
- Melt in the microwave for a minute.
- Cut a tip off the sandwich bag and drizzle chocolate over granola bar.